The communications arm of the Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (DA-BFAR) Central Office is hiring:
Information Officer II (Video Editor & Writer – Salary Grade 15)
Successful applicants will be based in Diliman, Quezon City, and frequently will cover the Bureau’s programs and activities across the Philippine regions.
Qualifications for Information Officer II: (Will start on December 2021)
– Preferably a graduate of Development Communication, Journalism, or other related degree programs
– Highly proficient in audio & video production including scriptwriting and video editing using contemporary software
– Has impeccable writing skills; can draft speeches, press releases, and social media features on the go
– Can take good pictures; technically proficient with the DSLR camera
– Has experience with media coordination and management
– Has civil service eligibility (professional) or equivalent
– Willing to travel and work closely with Immediate Supervisor or in some cases, Head of the Agency
– Experience with eFOI Portal Management and News Monitoring is a plus
– Knowledge on fisheries and marine environment concepts is a plus
Status: Contract of Service
Remuneration: SG 15
How to apply?
Interested applicants may send their resumes, scanned copies of certificate of eligibility, and cover letter to [email protected]
Please write “APPLICATION FOR IO2” on the subject line and address the cover letter to Commodore Eduardo B. Gongona PCG (Ret.), DA-BFAR National Director.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and instructed to take remote writing exam via Zoom
Deadline of Application
The DEADLINE for application is on Sunday, November 14, 2021. Submissions beyond this date will not be considered.
Kindly refrain from sending personal messages on Facebook. Only inquiries through email and on this thread will be entertained.