BDO Online banking has a lot of advantages especially because you won’t need to go to the bank to do your transactions. You can pay your bills, send money, load your prepaid number, and more from the comfort of your home. We will share the process on how to sign up for BDO Online Banking in 3 easy steps.
BDO Online Banking: 3 easy steps for enrollment
Step 1:Enroll in BDO Website
Go to the BDO website for online banking. Click the enroll now button and accept the terms and agreements.
Fill out the form and the needed information accurately. Make sure to put a checkmark on the Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, and Phone Banking boxes. Upon entering your information, they will provide you with an ATM activation code. Write/Remember your activation code which is found on the acknowledgment receipt.
Step 2: Activate via any BDO ATM
Activation in BDO ATM is for your security. Go to any BDO ATM to activate your enrollment. Once you are already in the ATM, choose “Other services” > “Activate Electronic Banking”, and enter your ATM Activation Code. After 24 hours you may already use your BDO electronic banking account. Remember that you can activate your online banking enrollment in any BDO ATM within 45 days.
Step 3: Access your account
After activation, you may use your BDO internet banking/BDO mobile banking after 24 hours. You may download the BDO Mobile app for the BDO mobile banking. Log-in with your username and password. ( The user ID and password you nominate upon enrollment in mobile banking). A One-Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to your mobile number. Now, you can access your account 24/7. No more long queues.
BDO Online and Mobile Services/Transactions you can do at home
- Check Account Balances. You can easily check your account balance. You can manage your deposit, credit card, cash card, loan and trust account balances.
- View Transactions. See your 90-day transaction history.
- Pay Bills. Settle your bills without the long lines. It’s a one-stop-shop in paying your electricity, water, credit card, and more. Check if your biller is pre-enrolled. Pay bills- choose a company/biller-key in detail. However, for billers that need enrollment, you can follow these steps. Click more-enrollment services-enroll company biller- key in details-proceed to pay bills. You can pay your loans, utility, and credit card bills. Over 300 billers are available online.
- Send Money. Send funds to a BDO account, non-BDO account, to another local bank or to a bank account abroad.
- Load up. You can load up to connect with your family and friends. Replenish your cellphone credits instantly. Choose more-prepaid mobile reload- Buy a load.
If you have issues, questions, and concerns, you may call BDO Customer Contact Center at the following telephone nos.:
– Metro Manila – 8631-8000
– Domestic Toll-Free No. – 1-800-10-631-8000 (PLDT)
– International Toll-Free No. – (Int. Access Code)-800-8-631-8000